January 4th, 2022
LONDONDERRY, NH – ECCO – a leading manufacturer of innovative footwear – announces that Ambassadors Henrik Stenson and Erik van Rooyen have each designed unique custom versions of the ECCO BIOM® H4 shoe for the SS22 collection, reflecting their individual styles and personalities on and off the course.
Paying homage to his nickname – and following on from the popularity of his S-THREE ‘Iceman’ design – Stenson has helped with the design of another ultra-cool ‘Iceman’ -inspired shoe in an ice-cold blue and white colorway, with the ECCO logo emblazoned on the sole. Stenson’s special-edition shoe also features his trademark tag reading “Henrik Stenson The Iceman”.
“I’m very excited to once again join forces with ECCO GOLF to create another ‘Iceman’ style,” says Stenson. “ECCO GOLF is synonymous with crafting fantastic shoes, and it’s super cool that they continue to give me the chance to help create my own styles. I have stuck with the icy-cool colors for my BIOM® H4, and I really wanted to make it look like you’re walking with ice on the sole of your shoe, hence the bright white and blue colors.”
van Rooyen, who has now established himself as a style icon on tour, has also designed an eye-catching colorway with his custom BIOM® H4 shoes, featuring a black insole, white leather outer and a brilliant, patterned finish on the midsole. Hidden on the sole of the shoe is a pop of blue and orange. The design also pays homage to van Rooyen’s love of guitar, with a nod to guitar strings on the uppers of the shoe.
“I am excited to be working alongside the guys at ECCO GOLF to create an awesome custom shoe design,” says van Rooyen. “I really enjoy being different and innovative on the golf course, and I think my design really emulates that feeling for me. It’s awesome to be able to create my own shoe and BIOM H4 is such a great shoe to do it with.”
BIOM® H4 demonstrates ECCO GOLF’s dedication to innovation through a pioneering set of features and benefits, including:
- ECCO FLUIDFORM™ Direct Comfort Technology; a ‘state change’ process that uses specialised fluid materials to form around an anatomical last, ensuring a finely-tuned balance of cushioning and rebound, while also creating a flexible and durable bond without the compromises common with stitched or glued assemblies
- Natural motion, stability, and control with BIOM® 2.0 technology that offers low-to-the-ground stability, anatomical support, and a glove-like fit
- The innovative new ECCO MTN GRIP outsole has three different sections for stability and traction, ground penetration, and rotational support throughout the swing
- The T.PU element wraps around the foot from the outsole to the midsole, providing stability while elevating the modern, premium design
Additional detailing includes:
- Reduced seam construction for lightweight flexibility
- X-TENSA INVISIBLE Technology links the sole unit’s T.PU blocks to the lacing system via internal enforcement for 360° stability and a freedom-fit.
- A removable, washable Ortholite® foam inlay sole provides long-term cushioning and superior breathability, plus the option of extra width when removed
In addition to Henrik Stenson and Erik van Rooyen, ECCO GOLF shoes are worn in competition around the world by Caroline Masson, Lydia Ko, Fred Couples and Thomas Bjørn, among others. For further information about ECCO GOLF, please visit golf.ecco.com.
ECCO®, a world-leading brand of shoes combining style and comfort, has built its success on great design and leather quality, and innovative technology. Founded in Denmark in 1963, ECCO is one of the few major shoe manufacturers in the world, which owns and manages every aspect of its leather and shoe productions, and its retail sales. ECCO is among the largest producers in the world of high-quality leather, which is used in ECCO’s shoes, and own production of leather goods and is also sold to several leading luxury brands. Today, ECCO products are sold in 87 countries in more than 3,300 ECCO shops and shop-in-shops, and at more than 14,000 sales points around the world. The company is family-owned and employs more than 19,000 people worldwide.
ECCO USA is based in Londonderry, New Hampshire. For more information: www.eccousa.com, 800.886.3226.