VOKEY WEDGEWORKS LAUNCHES 2022 LOW BOUNCE K GRIND
New 58.06 and 60.06 models available immediately with custom options
CARLSBAD, Calif. (April 6, 2022) – Building upon the momentum generated by the introduction of the Vokey Design SM9 line, Titleist launches the WedgeWorks Low Bounce K Grind, a tour-proven, versatile wedge now available in Tour Chrome and Raw finishes.
The SM9 K grind is among the most popular of all the available Vokey options, especially with amateur golfers who favor its wide, cambered sole, providing maximum forgiveness on greenside shots and out of the bunker.
Like the majority of Vokey Design wedges, the new Low Bounce K grind was born out of Master Craftsman Bob Vokey and longtime Vokey tour representative Aaron Dill’s collaboration with players on the PGA Tour and across the worldwide professional tours. The pool of input runs deep, as Vokey Design models account for more than half of all wedges at a PGA Tour event during any given week. Vokey and Dill take that extensive feedback to consistently deliver new, tour-validated designs.
“Several players preferred the K grind sole but were seeking a lower bounce version,” said Vokey. “As a result, we crafted a sole with 6° of effective bounce, while maintaining the wide camber that makes the K design so effective for a wide variety of players. As soon as we brought it out on tour, it was immediately accepted and in the bags of multiple players as soon as they had a chance to test it.”
Among the players who have found immediate success with the new Vokey Design SM9 60.06 K grind in the bag includes Sentry Tournament of Champions and PLAYERS Championship winner Cameron Smith, Justin Thomas and Webb Simpson, as well as the 2020-21 PGA TOUR’s only three-time winner.
“The K grind lives in the bags of some of the world’s best,” said Dill. “It has always been known as the ultimate bunker club, inspiring confidence in players short games. However, when you ask players on tour why they play the K grind, they will tell you not only do they love the performance in the bunkers, but they love the way the leading edge hugs the ground when pitching and chipping.”
• Forward Center of Gravity progression – The CG has been raised vertically by adding weight to the topline design, where a tapered pad at the back of the toe helps align the CG properly without being visible from the playing position.
• New patented spin milled process for maximum spin – A new spin milled cutting process in the SM9 models – which includes tightening our allowable tolerances – produces consistently sharper grooves wedge after wedge, resulting in higher, more consistent spin.
VOKEY WEDGE SELECTOR TOOL | The Vokey Wedge Selector tool on Vokey.com helps golfers select the proper loft, bounce and grind options for their swing and course conditions. Vokey recommends that golfers visit their local Titleist fitter to confirm the results. Experience the Vokey Wedge Selector tool at:
ADVANCED PERSONALIZATION AND CUSTOM OPTIONS | Vokey DesignSM9 wedges feature a modern, clean look, which provides a canvas for customization. The WedgeWorks custom options include:
• Six unique toe engravings
• Stamping options | 10-character Straight/Freestyle stamping; 15 characters around the toe; and two lines of 10 characters each
• Custom paint-filled | Loft, Bounce and Grind markings and BV Wings logo
• SM9 wedges can also be custom ordered with an industry-leading selection of shafts, grips, shaft bands and ferrules. For a complete list of options, visit www.Vokey.com
STOCK SHAFT and GRIP | Shaft: True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 | Grip: Tour Velvet 360 White
LOFTS, FINISHES, BOUNCE | Lofts: 58° and 60° in RH/LH | Finishes: Tour Chrome (RH only), Raw (RH/LH) | Bounce | 6°
AVAILABILITY and PRICING | WedgeWorks Low Bounce K is available through golf shops worldwide and Vokey.com beginning April 6th, 2022 | MAP $225